Re: RPMS at contrib.redhat.com/rawhide work OK!

Quoting Paul E. Johnson on Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 07:56:53PM -0500:
> I just noticed RPMS for gnome 0.40 in the RedHat contrib site.  All
> except gnorpm installed without a hitch and run ok. I can start capplets
> from the panel now, most applets I tried work fine.  In particular, I
> see the improved performance in gmc and the control center.  Icons are
> pretty too, but that's a matter of taste, I guess.
>
> The gnorpm calls for some packages and I'm afraid to install them before
> I know what they are for.
> # rpm -Uvh gnorpm-0.9-9.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         usermode >= 1.13 is needed by gnorpm-0.9-9
>         librpm.so.0 is needed by gnorpm-0.9-9
> # rpm -Uvh usermode-1.15-1.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         SysVinit >= 2.74-14 is needed by usermode-1.15-1
>
> So I'm just forgetting about gnorpm for the moment.

HI Paul-

I recently upgraded from the rpms at gnome.linuxpower.org which include a
control-center, gnome-libs, gnome-core, gmc/mc, gtk and glib.  I think that
the overall attractiveness of gnome has gone up significantly.  The icons
are quite pretty.  I use SawMill here and its nice to see the sawmill
configs show up in the desktop configuration app.

I dont know about the gnorpm thing though.  I have had to upgrade things
before when I upgraded gnorpm but I dont recall which ones at the moment.

Overall, nice to see gnome at this level.  Nice work everyone!!

--
Michael Perry -			 "No one can give you wiser advice
mperry@tsoft.com	   .o O	  than yourself" -Cicero