Re: Help building gnome from source

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Craig Wright wrote:

> I've been working on getting the GNOME installed for the past couple days.
> I've been follwing the instructions in the FAQ for the order to build
> things in and have had a moderate amount of luck at getting things going.
>
> Anyway, here's the order of installation that the FAQ recommends up to the
> point where things start to break for me. BTW, I'm running Debian 2.1
> with gcc-2.7.2.3.

Please use the order given in the 1.0.40 announcement. The FAQ is horribly
outdated (we need a maintainer, BTW :).

You probably should just get all the GNOME 1.0.40 packages while you're at
it - libgtop 1.1.x releases are for developers only, AFAIK.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.