Re: Gnome pixmaps (SuSE & Gnome)

Cody Russell wrote:

> Have you recently changed your libpng? This was a problem with libpng of a
> certain version, but I don't recall what it was. Obviously not 1.0.3,
> since that's what I'm using. =)

SuSE shipps with libpng 1.0.3. (since version 6.0 or 6.1)

> On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 hermanr@mailroom.com wrote:
>
> > I have upgraded my gnome-libs to 1.0.16. Since then, most (but not all) of the
> > little icons (pixmaps) that appear on the panel menus and on buttons and button
> > bars in all Gnome applications are scrambled. All programs appear to function
> > properly, however.
> >
> > I am running SuSE Linux 6.1 on a Pentium computer.

I, too, had this problem with various SuSE versions.
SuSE means KDE, they don't give a damn about a proper
GNOME installation. It seems this is not because of
incompetence, but rather a reason of will.

They call for beta testers in the KDE mailinglist for their
KDE packages but don't do the same for Gnome.
This speaks for itself.

--Andreas