Re: ANNOUCE: gTrouble - New project [summary]

Mozilla is quite good at displaying XML files, so it would probably be a
good thing to try.  If you look at one of the pre releases of mozilla, go
to demo 15 in the viewer program (not apprunner).  It gives a nicely
formated document.  When you click the contents button, it opens up a pane
to the left with a tree view of the headings in the document.

What really impressed me was looking at the source for the demo:
  http://www.mozilla.org/newlayout/xml/tocdemo/rights.xml

It is docbook written in XML (with a few small extensions), formatted
using some CSS style sheets.  The index pane is generated by a bit of
javascript that walks the document tree looking for section headings.

If we used gecko in the next generation help browser, we would have great
display capabilities as well as leaving the semantic markup intact inside
the documentation.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Tom Gilbert wrote:

> o Would it be desirable for the Gnome2 help-browser to read DocBook sgml
>   directly? Is this a useful feature, or just a gimmick? (It would
>   simplify the compilation/installation of help).

[snip]