Re: gnome-print and GnomeCanvas

>  At a minimum, I'm surprised that the gnome-print architecture doesn't
>  use the same API as GnomeCanvas.  The GnomeCanvas was designed with a
>  lovely postscript-like drawing API.  Why must gnome-print implement a
>  yet *another* lovely postscript-like API?  Why aren't they the same?

The canvas API is *completely* orthogonal to the printing API.  The
canvas provides persistency in the form of structured graphics.  The
print API is just a mirror of the PostScript API.

This does not prevent you from bridging across the two.  The print
preview functionality works by translating PostScript-like commands
into GnomeCanvasBPath items.

  Federico