Re: gnome-print and GnomeCanvas

>  Well I have to disgaree with this method.  If you want a trully WYSIWYG
>  view then it should have all the page numbers etc.. viewable on screen.
>  Thats the way a word processor would do it...

Consider that you may have different display modes for the music
program:

	- WYSIWYG with pages and page numbers.

	- Just the staves, wrapped to the width of the screen,
	  allowing for vertical scrolling for the whole score.

	- A long horizontal score, for seeing the music in "linear"
          mode.

>  While I;ve not read the print docs, if its true then its a shame that
>  the canvas does not do this. One of the best things about the Risc OS
>  system was that to make any application print you required about 10
>  lines of code. It used the exact code you would use in redrawing
>  a windows content as it would to print, so you don't have to
>  duplicate drawing code for printing...

The canvas will support printing shortly.  Even so, if you want really
high-quality typography, you'll need to be able to use the print API
directly.

  Federico