Re: Gnome RPMS

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:

> I just wan't to know why the Gnome RPMS have not been produced yet.
>
> I have gcc on my machine, and I could make the RPMS natuarally, but I'm
> not from a programming background. When I tried to make an RPM from
> gnome-core-1.0.9 and gnome-libs-1.0.16, it didn't work. The thing
> compiles ok, but it doesn't make the rpms in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/
> directory.
>
> Is this a problem with the version of RPM I have (version 3.0.2) or is
> it the spec file inside the tarball?

The .spec files inside the tarballs are not always up to date, but it
should work. You haven't given any elaboration of "it didn't work" so it's
hard to give an answer.

-- Elliot
security Nazi BATF domestic disruption SDI assassination arrangements
South Africa Ft. Meade spy Rule Psix PLO supercomputer class struggle
Marxist