Gnome RPMS

Hi.

I just wan't to know why the Gnome RPMS have not been produced yet.

I have gcc on my machine, and I could make the RPMS natuarally, but I'm not from a programming background. When I tried to make an RPM from gnome-core-1.0.9 and gnome-libs-1.0.16, it didn't work. The thing compiles ok, but it doesn't make the rpms in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ directory.

Is this a problem with the version of RPM I have (version 3.0.2) or is it the spec file inside the tarball?

Thanks for your help.

Lashi