Re: ANNOUCE: gTrouble - New project

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Tom Gilbert wrote:

> gTrouble will be a flexible extensible trouble-shooting application,
> reading guides from sgml files, and walking users through the
> contents. An example sgml file is included at the bottom of this mail
> to show the kind of thing I hope to achieve.
>
> I wanted to check noone was doing anything similar, and to get some
> feedback/suggestions _before_ I started, to save me re-doing stuff
> later.

I haven't heard of anyone doing anything similar.

As far as I can imagine, there is nothing specific in the SGML syntax that
requires a special application to view them. You could use pretty much any
browser to go through them, they're just static pages with links between
them.

Whatever you want to do is cool, but I wonder if you wouldn't like to take
on the GNOME 2.0 help browser while you're at it. ;-)

-- Elliot
nuclear security class struggle explosion CIA jihad supercomputer
quiche Kennedy South Africa plutonium Delta Force North Korea genetic
colonel