Auto-hidden panel pops up, pops down, pops up...

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour: jamming the mouse against the
screen edge causes an autohidden panel to pop up and down several times
before it finally makes up its mind to stay up. This doesn't happen
as far as I can tell with a pristine panel with a few buttons and drawers
on, but my panel contains a lot of applets (cdplayer, drivemount*4,
gnomepager, diskusage and mailcheck).

I am using very recent CVS versions of Gnome and Enlightenment on a
RedHat 6 box (but all the original gnome/gtk stuff was removed).

--
Peter Wainwright
Home: prw@wainpr.demon.co.uk     Work: peter.wainwright@nrpb.org.uk