Re: GDM photo browser

Victor Bogado da Silva Lins wrote:

>         Any one here could please tell me witch are the conditions to a user
> photo to appear in the face browser? I have puted a photo in a user
> .gnome dir, with the name "photo", with less then the larger pixel/byte
> size, the file belonged to the user, but it still dosen't show in the
> login page. :-(
>
>         Beyond those errors what could be wrong?

I wasn't able to get it to work when I put the photos in each user's .gnome
directory.  Actually, are you using gdm or gdm2-beta?  With gdm I had to put
the photo in .gnome, because when I put it in the global directory
(/usr/local/share/faces on my system), gdmgreeter would crash.  And I never did
get gdm working on my system as an xdm replacement.

With gdm2-beta2, it does work, but only if the photos are located in
/usr/local/share/faces/<user name>.  They don't get picked up when they're in
the user's .gnome directory.

Dan