Task list invocation from keyboard (pager)

Could we have it ?

I miss it even more as the task switch process proposed by
Enlightenment (with alt-tab) is not satisfactory for me.

What I would really like, is, press a key, see the task list appear
from the pager (just like when you click the ^ button), with a
digit/letter in front of every task list entry, and be able to bring
one task/window in front by pressing the corresponding digit/letter.

Right now, there is no convenient and reliable way to switch
application from the keyboard, and reaching for the mouse every time
when all the rest you can do on the keyboard is annoying.

Jacques

PS: Just want to say that most of the terrible problems I had
vanished when I upgraded to the last RPM versions of Gnome. Nice.

When things work well, it's great. For example, I downloaded the
screen-shooter applet as a RPM. Then rpm-installed it, and immediately
added it to the panel with the Add applet mouse menu. The installation
process is really quick, simple and convenient.