Re: ps/tt fonts in gnome apps

> Why is it that gnumeric, abiword, and other such applications have their
> own special set of fonts, rather than using the postscript and truetype
> fonts I use in X (and gimp, for that matter)?

gnumeric does not have its own set of fonts.  Neither does gnome-print
for that matter.

Gnome-print uses the existing Postscript font metrics available on the
system.  For the display, a close match is attempted with the X fonts.

In the future, Gnumeric will use native Type1 fonts to render its
display (basically, I need to switch over to the _aa canvas at some
point).

Miguel
--
miguel@gnu.org