Re: ps/tt fonts in gnome apps

Has a request for this functionality been made to the XFree86 people?
The lack of the functionality makes it harder to run lots of apps that
can share fonts (there is not standard set of fonts that applications
can expect will be on most user machines), means that users of these
applications get a larger chunk of their disk drives eaten by font
storage and makes it harder to do WYSIWYG printing.

Off Topic:

why is X such a memory hog?  It seems to me that
there should be an alternate implementation that presumes a "desktop"
application environment.  Since the mass market out there is not a
simultaneous multiuser crowd, it would be helpful if Linux had a
lighter-weight windowing/graphics system.  I hope this isn't flame
bait.  I don't intend it to be.

All the best,
	Miles