Re: ppp-tool for gnome and PAP

On 15 Sep 1999 03:00:12 -0400, Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
>I have been using xisp for a long time now to connect to my ISP. It
>wolud be nice to have a gnome-aware ppp-dialer, so I tried rp3 and
>gnome-ppp. Neither was able to connect, using the pap-secrets file in
>/etc/ppp or have an entry for this type of access control. Am I
>missing something in the setup? Is it possible, the documentation is
>VERY sparse!!

You'll need the very latest rp3 plus the very latest versions of several
other packages.  If you have Lorax or up-to-date rawhide, you can get the
packages in ftp://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/rp3/ and install them, and
I'll be very interested in your feedback.  I have tested that very latest
version with several ISPs that require PAP, successfully in every case.

If you can include "rp3" in the subject line when sending your feedback,
I'll be able to find it easier, as I'm somewhat overwhelmed at the
moment...

Thanks!

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development     http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/