RE: GnomeUI-WARNING **:

On 15-Sep-99 Matt Flynn wrote:
> This is the second time I've gotten the following messages when starting
> session managed Gnome apps:
>
> GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
> Authentication Rejected, reason : MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 authentication
> rejected.

don't eat the magic cookies, the system needs them.

man xhost

> This is especially annoying during X startup since there seems to be
> some time-out mechanism functioning and it takes about 3-4 min to finish
>
> I've cleaned out my .gnome directory once and rebuilt my default
> session.  This seemed to help....for a while.
>
> The correct apps eventually start up but placement and iconification
> states are messed up.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this happens?

because X doesn't like you. You need to tell it to like you with xhost

> Oh yea.... I'm running RedHat 5.2 and using the latest RedHat 5.2 Gnome
> rpms from www.gnome.org

I'm sorry :)

> any help would be appreciated
>
> Matt Flynn

        -Erik <br0ke@math.smsu.edu> [http://shells.clipboard.com/~br0ke]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep
Refrigerated.