autoconf macros

On Debian, the GNOME autoconf macros are installed in
/usr/share/autoconf/macros/gnome. But, I see that many GNOME applications
distribute these macros along with the rest of the source. Must I include
these macros myself or can I count on them to be in a standard location?

Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*>

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss.
 A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back,
 a dangerous shuddering and stopping."
 --Friedrich Nietzsche

PGP signature