Why oh why is Gnome eating my panel! (Frustration == MAX)

	I am just about rady to throw in the towel, and try a different
	aproach.

	I started a couple of weeks ago with a clean Redhat 6.0 install to
	configure a machine for a bunch of novice users. I wanted to set up a
	nice defaul Gnome environemt for them.

	I went trhough and did all the setups by hand. Then I found Gnome would
	misplace the panel. Without it you can't even log out cleanly.

	I appealed to this list and it was sugested that I install Redhat;s
	update rpm's for all the Gnome related stuff.

	The I atempeted to mass produce an envrionment for these suers. I never
	did get this quite right, so finally I have up, created new user ID;s
	for these folks, and satrted over tonite to create the environments one
	by one by hand. Well at this point i have created 3, and 2 of these
	users have lost the panel again!

	Needless to say I am frustrated.

	The only clue I have is that both of the users who have lost the panel
	have a core in there home directories, it's from the cdplayer aplet.

	Is this a clue, Can I posible recover these users without having to
	start over for the 3rd time!

	And finally, is this stuff just not stbale enough for production use?
	Should I look at altenatives?

	Please can anyone provide some help here, I am pulling my hair out!

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
Westvaco