Re: extra gnome panel

You may be able to do it from the Startup Programs control center capplet.
Click on the "Browse Currently Running Programs..." button, and see if the
second panel instance is in there.

Alternatively, you can directly edit the ~/.gnome/session file.  You
should be able to work out the syntax.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au