Re: image rendering screwed up

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Michael Perry wrote:

> FWIW, the installation of the imlibs package caused lots of problems
> here.  I had corresponded with the eterm developers because the recent
> version of imlib breaks eterm's background display completely.

> I could not get image rendering in eterm to work whatsoever after the
> imlib upgrade.  I could not simply uninstall or rpm -e the imlib and
> devel stuff either.  That broke a lot of dependencies.  I finally
> forced the older rpms back in and then had duplicate rpms for imlib,
> imlib cfgedit, and imlib devel.  I removed the later ones and then
> eterm worked again.

The latest development version of Eterm apparently requires a version of
imlib from Enlightenment CVS that has new functions in it. Other than
that, I don't know of any problems.

I haven't had any problems with the imlib from GNOME CVS, so if people are
having problems, please tell me what they are and how to reproduce them...

> Pretty wierd all told.  I did not experience video distortion at the
> level you are discussing though.  My regular desktop, panel, icons
> were okay.  Just the desktop object icons were messed up originally.

That's the metadata problem...
-- Elliot
cracking radar genetic [Hello to all my fans in domestic surveillance]
FBI Nazi smuggle Kennedy North Korea Semtex Panama World Trade Center
Ft. Bragg BATF spy