image rendering screwed up

I don't know exactly how to describe this problem, except to say that my
desktop looks like it's been solarized. Everything appears red and
yellow and pink -- no black, blue or green. The window decorations,
desktop icons and icons on gnome toolbars are also screwed up
(netscape's toolbar displays icons correctly, however) Even jpg's and
png files have this problem when displayed with ee or gqview (but not
with zgv). The problem only occurs if I am logged in as a user. root has
normal display, no problems at all.

This all occurred after I upgraded to the gnome-libs-1.0.16.src.rpm from
ftp.gurulabs.com. I also upgraded imlib to the version of imlib rpm on
the gurulabs site.

What's wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!