Re: gmc 4.5.38 problems

> >> Exploring the new gmc 4.5.38 I encountered the following:
> >> 1) right-clicking on any folder, file or document icon and then
> >>    left-clicking on `Properties...' in the popup menu crashes gmc!
>
> > I don't see this problem.  Looks like you installed from RPMs??  Make
> > sure
> > you do the syscondir stuff thats been talked about earlier.  I've
> > installed from source and gmc has been pretty solid.  Also you didn't
> > specify whether you are seeing this problem from the gmc panel or on the
> > desktop.
>
> I have installed RPM's (with all the latest necessary libs) and I am
> starting gmc from the `foot' menu via the panel foot icon.
> (because I hardly ever use gmc I immediately remove it from the desktop).

As has been explained (ad nauseum) by Frederico, there are some problems
with the RPMs, I suggest you wait till a new batch comes out.

So anybody figure out why we have such high failure rate with rpms? (my
opinion on high, I just see it a lot on this mailing list)  A lot of
people get bad impressions about GNOME because the RPMs are bad not
because of stability problems (GNOME has been very stable for me, except
when I run gproc. blah)

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/