tarballed gnome and gcc 2.95.1?

due to my continuing problems with gnome, i was compiling up kde
yesterday and noticed that 1.1.1 had terrible problems with gcc 2.95.1.
that got me to thinking (wow! eh? =;) .... could some mis-compilation by
2.95.1, either during the normal make process or during the configure
process, cause gnome to act weird?  by "weird", i mean: the panel
started up by gnome-session never remembers its settings; startup
programs in control-center never shows any values (for the 1.0.6 version
of control center)...

pete

PGP signature