Re: Building rpms from tarballs

Hi
On my system, the rpm are always put into /usr/src/packages/RPMS/i386
(on SuSE)
I am building my rpms always with 'rpm -tb package.tar.gz' (no need for
a source
package). This yelds only the 'package.i386.rpm'.
The only thing else you have to know is the order of compiling and
installation
of the packages, if you want to build them from scratch.
http://www.gnome.org/start/gnometar.phtml
As far as I can tell, most (all?) of the tar-packages are specified to
install
the binary into /usr. If you want to change that, -> edit the *.spec
file.

Hanspeter