Re: What is the cleanest way to shutdown in a gnome-session?

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Dan Hensley wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out what the cleanest way is to shutdown my machine
> from an account that is using gnome-session.  Last night I shut down my
> machine by su'ing as root and then running gshutdown.  There were a few
> problems:

Would it be sensible to have an option to shutdown
from the gdm login screen? Presumably this could
be implemented now by adding a new script to the
gdm/Sessions directory. However making the choice
a little more obvious (by having a check box or
something) would be more appropriate.

Norman