Re: desktop.links entries - was Re: Advocacy report [part 2]

> by the way `gmc --desktop-linksdir` points to /usr/lib/mc/desktop-scripts
> on my rh6 plus october gnome system, however this directory doesn't exist
> - so I mkdir this directory put the script in there and hey presto the
> link is made when I select Recreate default icons. OK, so my question now
> is - how do I give this link the floppy icon?

Mhm, this is a bit harder :-)

You have to make a little C program for now that will configure this:

#include <libgnome/gnome-metadata.h>

void set_icon (char *filename, char *icon_path)
{
    gnome_metadata_set (filename, strlen (icon_path) + 1, icon_path);
}

int main (int argc, char *argv)
{
   if (argc != 3){
      fprintf (stderr, "Usage: set-icon filename icon-filename");
      exit (1);
   }
   set_icon (argv [1], argv [2]);
}

And you compile it with:

    gcc set-icon.c -o set-icon `gnome-config --libs --cflags gnome`

best wishes,
Miguel.