session management

Is there any way to code a session managed client, so that it always starts no
matter if the user saved the session when closing down?

For example
my app connects to the session-manager, sets the restart command, and the
restart type to RESTART_ANYWAY, then quits.

Some time after the user shuts down X, but doesn't click the "save session"
checkbox. When the user restarts, my app doesn't restart.

I want my app to always start, no matter if the user saves the session or not.
Is there anyway to do this?

iain