Re: GNOME and Sun Workshop 4.2 compiler

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:
> > I used to do that, along with Purify.  But to build from CVS you
> > *must* use gcc:  in non-"release" code libtool does stuff that only
> > works with gcc.
>
> This seems terrible.  How can we fix this?

It's probably not libtool, but automake -- the automake automatic
dependency system depends on gcc.  One option is to build first with
gcc, run make distcheck and get a nice tarball, which you can use with
your Sun C Compiler.  The other option is to run `automake -i' instead
of plain automake from autogen.sh (this should _not_ go into CVS --
it's a local hack only).  Eventually, this should not be a problem,
since the next version of automake is supposed to contain a more
general dependency system.

- Hari