Re: run dialog

Ben FrantzDale wrote:

> [...]
> > Have you tried the minicommander applet?
>
> I have. Th thing is that minicommander is an applet. it takes up space on
> the panel, and you can't use a keybord control to get to it. With a run
> dialog hooked up with a keybord shortcut, you can have instant access to it
> anywhere. That makes it much more usefull.
>
> --Ben
>
> --

I wrote a small perl hack, although it unfortunatly uses Xforms;
however I did modify the widget look a bit, so it isn't too ugly. It
didn't
do everything you want but it did have some nice features, specifically
it
would run Windows applications /w wine... It was poorly written and
would have
to be rewritten to use gtk (I should know, I did a port but lost it).

anyway if it are interested here it is:
http://perl.linuxbox.com/download/

maybe someday I will fix that program, put a gtk interface on it and
rewrite in C :)

--
Eric Windisch