Menu idea

I've been thinking of an idea for a magic, automatic personal menu :-)
Gnome would watch what apps the user launches, and how frequently the user
launches them. Then the top n launcers would be coppied to this magic menu.
(n being user defined.) There would have to be some way for apps to come out
of the menu, because if I used the same 4 progs all the time for a year (and
n=4), then suddenally started only using something else, it'd take a while
for that something else to work up to the same number as the others. There'd
have to be some factor such as launches/time, so that new apps would have a
chance as in the example. Someone would have to play with how averages would
be weighted so that newly used apps get onto the menu reasonably quickly,
but it's certenally doable.

In using gnome (or windows for that matter) I use about 6 programs 99.9% of
the time. I manually move these to accessable places, but this means I have
to care about my computer enough to bother with that :-)  I'd think this
sort of menu would be nice, allowing people with lives to have this sort of
functionality automagicly.

--Ben