Re: gphoto as user

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 09:45:00PM +0200, Zeke wrote:
> When Iīm running gphoto (leatest RPM) as user I canīt config or download
> picīs from my camera olympus C840, as root itīs no problem. I have
> "chmod  775" all files in gphotos directory but it doesnīt help. Any
> ideī on how to get it working as user?

chmod 775 would make it user and group readable, writable and executable.
User and group are probably root. What will work though is to do:
"chmod +s binary" where binary is the name of the program's binary. This
will make the program run as root whenever you execute it, even if you're
not root.

--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....