Re: Problems with sound under October Gnome

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 10:06:57AM -0400,
Sean Murphy <murphy@erim-int.com> wrote:
> My problem is that I only get sound for certain actions under Gnome.
> For example, clicking the arrows that show/hide the panel makes the
> 'panel slide' noise.  However, clicking the 'Application minimize'
> button on a window, nuking a window, selecting an item in the foot menu,
> all make no sound.  I have 'Gnome Sound Support' and 'Sounds for events'
> enable in the Gnome Control Center.  If I click the Sound Events tab in
> the Control Center and look at what sounds are connected to different
> events, everything looks correct.  If I highlight any event and click
> the play button the sounds plays correctly.  But in real action, I don't
> get sounds that I should be getting.

I'm having the same problems on Debian 2.1 with Gnome installed from
tarballs. The problem seems only to affect the Gnome event sounds. The
panel slide makes noise just fine, and I have XMMS playing through esd as
I type. I reported this (along with many other bugs) when I first
installed October Gnome, and got no response. Apparently, when they said
they're not working on 1.0 anymore, they meant it, regardless of whatever
bugs it may have.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss.
 A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back,
 a dangerous shuddering and stopping."
 --Friedrich Nietzsche

PGP signature