Re: panel

At 04:02 PM 10/19/99 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
>allbery@ece.cmu.edu writes:
>
>|   Uh?  The panel doesn't use Sun's XView toolkit.  Is the panel trying to
>|   swallow an OpenWindows/XView program or something?
>
>Yes, that's right diagnosis.
>
>Deinstall the xview thingies or check /etc/profile and modify the PATH
>settings:  Move "/usr/openwin/bin" to the end of the list of PATHs.
>
>(That's the "fix" we'll provide with the next SuSE Linux.)

didn't work. Moving the path caused kde to start instead of gnome,
deinstalling all xview things made the panel ask for some library (xvlib or
so). What solved the problem was deinstalling wxwdemo as suggested by
somebody else (I lost the message). wxwdemo seemingly contains a program
called panel as well.

Tobias