Re: tasklist issues

Todd Wilson <twilson@csufresno.edu> writes:

> I'm using October Gnome and have a bottom-edge auto-hide panel with a
> tasklist as the only applet on it.  I have the following comments and
> suggestions.
>
> 1.  The new "window" icon that appears to the left of each task
>     doesn't change when the corresponding window is iconified.

This is because the icon can be supplied by the application.  If you
run KDE apps, their icons will be shown instead of the window.  API
for GNOME apps to do this will be added to the devel version soon.

There is an item for some type of visual difference in the tasklist's
TODO list though.

>     (Also, this window icon is
>     relatively big and takes up what might be valuable horizontal
>     space that could otherwise be used to get more of the window title
>     in.)

They can be disabled...

> 2.  If I iconify a window from the menu gotten by right-clicking the
>     task in the tasklist, my auto-hide panel afterwards stays unhidden
>     indefinitely, until I bring my cursor back into the panel area and
>     move it outside again.

This doesn't seem to happen for me...

> 3.  In the Geometry Tasklist Properties, it would be nice if I had a
>     setting that would allow the tasklist to take up all of whatever
>     space remained on the panel, instead of having to choose some
>     particular width in pixels (the maximum of which appears to be
>     1024, which does not exhaust my panel).  Or, again, maybe I have
>     misinterpreted the function of these settings.

The HEAD branch of the panel has support for this, so the 1.1.x
tasklist should do this.

> 4.  What is the logic behind the order that tasks are distributed in
>     the tasklist?

Don't know.

Jacob
--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggum