tasklist issues

I'm using October Gnome and have a bottom-edge auto-hide panel with a
tasklist as the only applet on it.  I have the following comments and
suggestions.

1.  The new "window" icon that appears to the left of each task
    doesn't change when the corresponding window is iconified.  I
    would expect there to be some visual indication of which windows
    are iconified (as was the case in earlier versions).  Or maybe I
    just have some setting wrong.  (Also, this window icon is
    relatively big and takes up what might be valuable horizontal
    space that could otherwise be used to get more of the window title
    in.)

2.  If I iconify a window from the menu gotten by right-clicking the
    task in the tasklist, my auto-hide panel afterwards stays unhidden
    indefinitely, until I bring my cursor back into the panel area and
    move it outside again.

3.  In the Geometry Tasklist Properties, it would be nice if I had a
    setting that would allow the tasklist to take up all of whatever
    space remained on the panel, instead of having to choose some
    particular width in pixels (the maximum of which appears to be
    1024, which does not exhaust my panel).  Or, again, maybe I have
    misinterpreted the function of these settings.

4.  What is the logic behind the order that tasks are distributed in
    the tasklist?  I usually keep two terminal windows open, and it
    would be convenient for me if I could insure that the tasks
    associated to these windows always appeared as the two tasks in
    the leftmost column of the task list (so that I can always guess
    where they will appear when my auto-hide panel raises).  More
    generally, it would be nice if I could (1) reorder the tasks on
    the task list by, say, dragging them around, (2) specify the
    "filling order" on the tasklist, say top-to-bottom-left-to-right
    vs. left-to-right-top-to-bottom vs. ???, and (3) specify a fixed
    width for certain tasks on the task list independently of the
    others, so that, for example, the several windows that I always
    keep open would have fixed positions on the tasklist, regardless
    of how many other tasks there were.

--
Todd Wilson
Computer Science Department