Re: Integrate VMware and Gnome

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 05:53:16PM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:

> > I think running gnome-config will tell you what you want to know, i.e.
> > gnome-config --prefix
>
> Note that for people using packages from their distribution maker, this
> won't work unless they have the gnome-libs-devel package installed.

Possibly this is a bad thing, then? To force development pacakges to be
installed so that third party apps have to do horrific heuristics (or ask a
user who may not understand/know) strikes me as a stupid waste. Would there
be something very wrong with providing gnome-config, or possibly just a
simple file somewhere that achieves `gnome-config --prefix`, in one of the
core binary packages?

James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org