Re: why the error messages?

nelson-gnome@crynwr.com wrote:

> Telsa Gwynne writes:
>  > > "You are not running a GNOME compliant window manager.Please run a GNOME
>  > > compliant window manager. For example, Enlightenment (DR-0.15). Then run
>  > > this applet again"
>  >
>  > It rather suggests that you "should" be using enlightenment with
>  > Gnome,
>
> How about this wording:
>
> "You are not running a GNOME compliant window manager.  Please run a GNOME
> compliant window manager.  A list of such window managers may be found
> at http://www.gnome.org/compliant-window-managers.html"

I think your message wording is better than what exists now, but this doesn't
solve the problem Telsa is seeing.  I've had the same thing happen on my
system.  I have WindowMaker compiled with Gnome support, and occasionally I'll
get the warning about it not being a compliant Window Manager, but sometimes I
won't.  It's most likely a bug in gnome-session(?), but I haven't tried to track
down the conditions to reproduce it.  By the way, the above link doesn't exist.
I couldn't find a related page on www.gnome.org...

Dan