Re: Idea for gnome or CORBA service

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Daniel Weber wrote:

> One of the problems with games is storing the high score in an
> accessible location w/o security risks being involved.  I was thinking
> it would be nice if there was some kind of routines to handle this
> activity across any game.  Maybe a CORBA service or some gnome
> rooutines?

The problem is that it would have to be a system-wide daemon, and
currently ORBit has not been audited to that level of security.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.