Quibbles...

Over the last week or two that I've been almost exclusively using Gnome,
I've run into a few little quibbles... rather than accept these as
'features' I guess I'll throw these at the list and see if anyone knows
what might be causing them:

Esound and XMMS:
Occasionally, while running XMMS, the panel stops responding, as do any
Gnome applications.  Then, if you stop XMMS, BOOM!, everything catches up!
Now, XMMS and esound use the heck out of system resources (I hear mpeg123
is much more efficient), so I've been attributing it to that, any ideas?

Panel:
This thing crashes more than any other part;)  Actually, its smoothed out
alot, but my first few days of configuring everything the way I like it
caused the panel to crash alot, it has since become more reliable.

xscreensaver:
It never runs!  Although I did catch xmatrix running with the panel still
on top of it the other day (!!!).  The error I see on the terminal that
started X says that it could not connect to the display, and to read the
man page, Ill do that later today;)

E and Gnome:
I spent like 4 days trying to figure out why E kept defaulting back to
ShinyMetal when I want CleanBig.  Finally I found it hiding in a setting in
the .gnome directory!  Since Gnome started E, it started it with ShinyMetal
as the theme on the command line.  ShinyMetal is an awesome theme when
combined with the pixmap gtk theme, but I dont really want Gnome to make me
use it.  E-conf didn't change it, so how was I supposed to change it?  I
edited the config file by hand.

Don't flame me;)  Simply communicating the things I havent been able to
figure out on my own in hopes that the combined brains on this list might
now;)  Thanks!  See you all at ALS;)

Cory Watson
Computer Cafe Internet Services