Re: current CVS version

> I have download the current version of gnome-libs, gnome-core and
> gnome-applets, today. There were no mentionable problem when I tried to
> compile it. But starting was not possible.

 Let me guess ... you are using the HEAD branches? Try

 cvs checkout -r <pack_name>-1-0 <pack_name>

for at least gnome-libs and gnome-core.

I do not know why it was not announced officially, but Elliot warned
not to use HEAD branches, especially gnome-libs, if you want "compilable"
and working Gnome. I am actually surprised you were able to compile it!

 Sergey