Re: Problem found -- autogen.sh won't find <name>-config in directories other than /usr/bin?

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Miles Lane wrote:

> I researched the problem I was having where esound wouldn't build
> when my audiofile libraries where installed in /usr/gnome/lib,
> even though I had specified "--prefix=/usr/gnome".  It seems that
> my audiofile-config file was not being found.  Due to this, the
> library location flag was still being set to "-l/usr/lib".

You need to put /usr/gnome/bin on your $PATH.

> Another problem is that after encountering the error with not
> finding audiofile-config, the compilation process continue,
> even though audiofile is now required for esound to build!

Eek, file bug report please, otherwise I'll forget.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.