Re: Zvt doesn't display S-Lang colors (for mutt)

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to switch over to using gnome-terminal as my standard
> term, except for a serious bug and a couple of annoyances:
>
>  o  mutt doesn't work with zvt.  I have putt a couple of screenshots up
>     to demonstrate, http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk/Eterm-grab.jpg shows
>     how it looks in Eterm (and aterm, rxvt and debian color-xterm)
>     which is what you should see, but
>     http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk/gnome-terminal-grab.jpg is how
>     exactly the same mutt display shows in gnome-terminal.  The colors
>     in the main screen are messed up too, I suppose any S-Lang app
>     which tries to display in color with transparent bg color will
>     have the same problem (although curiously jed seems to be okay!).
>
>  o  I miss the shaded tranparency of Eterm
>
>  o  I like the color tinting in Eterm too
>
> Scrolling background is very cool btw =)O|  And it is fantastic that
> you have dingus working.  Any chance of added support for
> ~/.active.tags files (or equivalent)?

If zvt negotiate TERM="xterm" that above behavior is completly correct
because xterm is native mono termina (look at X11R6 xterm documentation).
If You want You can hack zvt for negotiating TERM="xterm-color" instead.

If You don't belive that xterm is mono terminal than run:

$ TERM=xterm tput colors
$ TERM=xterm-color tput colors

and look at terminfo(5) and check what informations cares colors terminal
sequence.

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek@rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl*