Re: gnome-core-1.0.53 and magicdev

On 8 Oct 1999 11:00:53 -0400, Sean Middleditch <sean.middleditch@iname.com> wrote:
>I've just downloaded the new RPM in the gnome-1.0.53 directory at
>ftp.gnome.org.  It tells me I need magicdev installed.  I grabbed a copy
>from CVS, but it won't compile.  It tells me it can't find
>glade/glade.h.  This file is missing, I checked.  Yet I have both
>glade-0.5.3-1 and libglade-0.7-1 installed.  Why is that file missing?
>I know other people have mentioned they have gnome-core-1.0.53
>installed, so it must be something on my system.
>
>If it makes a difference, I'm using an extremely upgraded copy of RedHat
>Linux 6.0.

I've just put a new gnome-core package up on the FTP site which doesn't require
magicdev. This should make it easier for people in the future.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.