Re: gnome-core-1.0.53 and magicdev

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> I've just downloaded the new RPM in the gnome-1.0.53 directory at
> ftp.gnome.org.  It tells me I need magicdev installed.  I grabbed a copy
> from CVS, but it won't compile.  It tells me it can't find
> glade/glade.h.  This file is missing, I checked.  Yet I have both
> glade-0.5.3-1 and libglade-0.7-1 installed.  Why is that file missing?
> I know other people have mentioned they have gnome-core-1.0.53
> installed, so it must be something on my system.
>
> If it makes a difference, I'm using an extremely upgraded copy of RedHat
> Linux 6.0.

Your best bet for an easy install is probably to install the magicdev from
RHL 6.1.

(Note, however, that magicdev tickles a kernel bug in most of the kernels
out there, so you may just want to ignore it for now.)

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.