Re: ScreenSaver doesn't work
- From: Kent Perrier <kent perrier pgs com>
- To: "gnome-list gnome org" <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: ScreenSaver doesn't work
- Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:00:45 -0500
"Petersen, Brandon" wrote:
> I've been trying to get the screen saver to turn on, by going to the
> Gnome Control Panel. Right now, I have the Control Panel set to 'Random
> Screensaver' which starts after 5 minutes of inactivity. The screensaver
> never comes on, instead the default 'blank screen' comes on after 15 or 20
> I've also been wanting to lock the screen, by going to the menu on the
> Gnome panel that gives me that option. But when I choose that option,
> nothing happens.
> Is there something that I can do to fix this?
Are you running as root? If so, then xscreensaver will not work. If you
are not running as root, then I would suggest installing the lastest patches
for gnome and xscreensaver.
Groovy! Smashing! Yay capitalism!
- Austin Powers, Man of Mystery
] [Thread Prev