new GNOME users...

I have a couple friends who are getting their feet
wet with Linux and GNOME. Classic newbies.  Are
there any GNOME-centric sites out there geared
towards people new to *NIX?  I have not been able
to find anything really that "stands out".

It seems to me that the existing GNOME resources on
the web, being geared towards developers, are
not very suitable for those people excited about
GNOME but not knowing very much about it or how to
use it properly.   The GNOME Users Guide is nice,
but it is not "interactive" like a good website
is.

If there's no "GNOME User Group Website" out
there, is there anyone interested in helping start
one?  I think it would be a great way to advertise
all the hard work that has been poured into the
GNOME project.  Making it easier for new users to
start using GNOME will only win us more users,
too.

Well, I'm interested to see if any one else thinks
this would be a useful endeavor.  Thanks!

=====