Re: gdm from debs

Matt Greenfield wrote:

> Hi, just installed the deb of gdm (2.0.0 beta 3) ... humm ... looks cute...
> like the drop down menus, all quite snappy... but I've lost keyboard input..
> I cant type in my login or password, I can't even ctrl-alt-F1!  I'm just
> about to telnet in and see if I can figure out what's up, but if anyone has
> any clues I'd love to know.

I had something kind of like that happen when I was checking out beta 2 before
I replaced xdm with gdm.  When I would run gdmlogin from a shell, the keyboard
went completely inactive.  I had to telnet in from another machine and kill
gdmlogin before I got the keyboard back.  But once I installed it and rebooted,
everything worked fine.  So unfortunately I don't have any good answers for
you...

Dan