1/2 Panel == no fun.

Greetings,

I am having an odd problem with my GNOME panel.  Only the top half of the
panel and its associated icons are displayed.  The background shows
through the bottom half of the panel.  Oddly enough, when I change my gtk
theme, the panel is displayed correctly.  However, logging out|quitting
the panel and logging in|restarting the panel causes the problem to come
back.

A picture is worth a thousand words:
http://www.flyn.org/docs/broken_panel.jpg

I have had this problem for a while and trying different versions of GNOME
has not helped.  Currently, everything I can think of that would be
related is as up to data as possible:

XFree86:		3.3.5
panel:			1.0.53
gtk+:			1.2.6
gtk-engines rpm:	0.8-1
glib:			1.2.6
(And just about everything printed out by `ldd /usr/bin/panel`)

I am running X on a Riva TNT 2 based card (SVGA server) at
1280x1024x16bpp.

Not knowing the solution of this problem is driving me crazy.  Any
solutions would certainly help save my sanity.  Thanks!

--
W. Michael Petullo

:wq