Re: Gmc strangeness

> I have a little problem with gmc.  I have dragged an icon to the
> desktop, and when I log in, the icon is as it should be. Then I click on
> it, and it greys out, and strangely, it remains like that no matter what
> I do.  If I double click it, the application opens, but the icon is
> always greyed out.

The "greyed out" part means that the icon is selected. If you are using
a gnome compliant window manager you should be able to deselect it by
clicking anywhere else on the desktop.

> Also, how do I change the font used for the title under the gmc icons.
> On my laptop (800x600 75dpi fonts) it is ok and legible, but on another
> computer (1200x1024, 100dpi fonts) it is very small and quite illegible.

Unfortunately, you can't change the font used for the icons IIRC.

> Several other programs (gnomecal for example) use very small fonts
> sometimes, that I cannot find a way to change through the gnome
> interface.  This should be possible.

Try Settings->Desktop->Theme, and change the user font to something
bigger.

/richard