gnome and transient windows

I have a little question about gnome and its use of transient windows.

Most gnome programs seem to make various transients, but they never set
the positioning window hits, so the window is always dropped at (0,0),
which is a bit of a pain.  BTW, I use fvwm2 as my window manager.

I tried enlightenment, and it threw these transients all over the
screen, so I had to chase them with the mouse all the time.  Anyway, I
didn't like enlightenment much, so I reverted to fvwm2, which has served
me well for years.

Shouldn't these transients have position hints set to they would appear
somewhere close to the originating window? I realise that the WM is
partly to blame here, but I have found no way of getting fvwm2 to allow
user interaction with transients.  Normally transients are placed by the
program, not by the user, if I am not mistaken.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://www.seindal.dk/rene/